The Educational Partnerships for Innovation in Communities - Network (EPIC-N) unites local governments, and communities, with the human capital of universities to improve the quality of life and social wealth for all involved. EPIC-N is the nonprofit association of institutions that adopt the award-winning EPIC model for university-community partnership.
The Educational Partnerships for Innovation in Communities – Network (EPIC-N) is a nonprofit association with members all over the world. Our organization and our members unite communities with the untapped potential of universities to exponentially improve conditions for human flourishing.
Our ambition is to improve the quality of life and social wealth of all involved, whether by expanding social or economic inclusion, environmental sustainability or democratic self-government.
We do so by supporting the application of The EPIC Model.
The EPIC Model
When programs adopt The EPIC Model they:
- Respect Existing administrative structures/individual responsibilities and incentives on all sides
- Create a genuine Partnership
- Intentionally aim at high-road development
- Focus on Community-identified, -driven, and -evaluated contribution to the community
- Catalyze multi-disciplines and large Numbers (courses, students, hours)
EPIC-N is a membership-based organization. Operations are funded by a mixture of membership dues, grants, and fees-for-services rendered.