ECOCITY World Summit
The Ecocity Summit series, held every two years since 1990, has developed into one of the most globally significant forums for addressing the complex challenges facing humanity in a rapidly urbanizing world.
Ecocity 2017: Changing Cities: Resilience and Transformations is being hosted by the University of Melbourne, Western Sydney University, the Government of Victoria and the City of Melbourne. The 2017 Summit will bring together a diverse mix of researchers, policy makers and citizens with a common focus on identifying and creating pathways to more sustainable, resilient and equitable cities.
Ecocity 2017 will address the unprecedented ecological, economic, political and cultural challenges – and opportunities – facing the world’s cities through a focus on six major themes:
- Climate and energy transformations
- Food and water security
- Smart cities for people
- Healthy and caring cities
- Culturally vibrant cities
- Governance, infrastructure and finance
The summit program will address three core questions in relation to each of these themes:
- Understanding: What are the key sustainability and resilience risks and opportunities facing cities? What are the key sources and drivers of these risks and opportunities?
- Imagining: How can we imagine and communicate sustainable and resilient city futures and pathways?
- Creating: What actions are required to drive the rapid and just transitions required to create resilient and sustainable cities?
For more information, visit the website.